The Friends of the Park City Library is a non-profit, volunteer group dedicated to supporting the library. Each year the Friends of the Library raise funds that enrich library offerings and services. Some of the fund raising programs the Friends sponsor are:
- “The Friends Corner,” located in the entrance seating area, contains used books and magazines for sale. The Friends of the Library maintain this area by sorting through donations and designated library items and making them available for purchase.
- Annual Book Sale, held over Labor Day, a fund raising opportunity for residents to purchase books, CDs and books on tape at bargain prices. Donations of used books are accepted at the library year round.
- Annual Author Luncheon, a social event featuring a best-selling author and a great lunch.
Featured authors have included:
- Judy Blount, author of Breaking Clean: A memoir
- Robert Kirby, author and columnist for the Salt Lake Tribune
- Marilyn Abiliskov, author of Men In My Country: a memoir
- Hampton Sides, author of Ghost Soldiers and Blood and Thunder
- Carolyn Jessup, author of Escape
- Michael Norman, Utah author of mysteries, including On Deadly Ground
- Rick Bragg, author of All Over but the Shoutin’
Join the Friends of the Library
Your Friend’s membership entitles you to:
- Admittance to the pre-sale for the Annual Book Sale
- A subscription to the Friends of the Library newsletter
- An opportunity to make your library even better!
Individual memberships cost only $15.00 and family memberships cost $25.00. You can be a Book Worm for $50.00 or a Book Lover for $100.00. Donations are also accepted. Please ask for a membership form or more information at the Circulation Desk.
Click here to print out, complete and return the form by mail to:
Friends of the Park City Library
PO Box 668
Park City, UT 84060
For more information or questions, contact Jean Daly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.