Exhibits are chosen by a committee according to the needs and interests of the community, the variety of shows, the artistic quality of the works, and the suitability of format for the Park City Library’s physical space. The Park City Library is interested in submissions that include a single or variety of 2D mediums, shows that consistent single artist or a consortium of artists, art can either be solely for exhibition or sale. If you wish for your art to be considered for exhibition, please read the following information and instructions. At this time the Park City Library can only accommodate two dimensional artwork.
All submissions must include an online submission and an artist portfolio. The form will be available from February 1st through April 1st.
Submissions are now open. Use this form to submit an application: Artist Exhibit Application Form
The artist portfolio should include 10-20 images of work that can be exhibited as a unit. Images should be well-lighted with artwork photographed against a neutral background. Please include information about the dimensions of each work in the image descriptions. Only submit one application per call for entry period. Artists will receive notification of acceptance or rejection within four weeks following the April 1st deadline.
Three ways to submit a portfolio:
- A unique webpage can be listed on the Art Exhibit Application Form.
- Submit a Flicker Album on the Art Exhibit Application Form.
How to create a Flickr Album
- Images may be submitted as a CD and can be dropped off at the Park City Library or mailed to:
Park City Library
Attn: Art Review Committee
PO Box 668
Park City, Utah 84060
All packages must be post marked by April 1st. Each image must be submitted as an individual high-quality JPEG file. CD must be readable on a PC.
WHEN A SUBMISSION IS ACCEPTED
- Artwork will be displayed for approximately a 3 month period. We typically have exhibition time spans that align with the seasons (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring).
- All artwork will remain on exhibit for the duration of the show.
- Prior to the show, the artist will meet with a library representative to go over the following:
- View the exhibit space and answer any questions.
- Review exhibit policies and procedures (information packet and exhibition agreement contract).
- Sign the exhibition agreement contract. The Artist will be responsible for hanging the artwork. Artwork must be wired and ready for hanging on preinstalled art rail throughout the library.
- The Artist will provide a list of all artwork including title, medium, and date for each item prior to the exhibit. The Park City Library will produce a label for each piece. The Library does not print prices on artwork labels.
- The Park City Library will submit a press release to local media and include exhibit information in appropriate promotional venues.
- The Artist will provide the Library with high-resolution digital images for use in promotion of the exhibition.
- All sales inquiries are referred to the artist or their representative. The Park City Library does not facilitate sales transactions.
- The Park City Library may exhibit work by more than one artist at a time.