Park City Library, Lucky Ones Coffee, Park City Film, and Park City Cooperative Preschool are temporarily closed in alignment with Governor Herbert’s announcement.
PARK CITY MUNICIPAL COVID-19 UPDATE: Non-Essential Municipal City Facility Closure and Public Services Reduction
In alignment with Governor Herbert’s announcement regarding the dismissal of schools across the State of Utah, non-essential municipal services in Park City will be closed in order to align with Summit County and the Park City School District to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Specifically, the PC Ice Arena, Library and MARC are closed effective immediately, until March 30, 2020. Public access to services will be reduced at City Hall, the Police Department, and Public Works.
For updates please visit parkcity.org and this webpage.
Using the Library from the Comfort of Your Home
With your library card you can read e-books or e-magazines, listen to e-audiobooks, and stream movies on your computer or device from home. See our downloadables webpage or feel free to use the “Email a Librarian” service at any time of day.
If you currently have physical library items, please do not return them. Keep them until the library opens. The Park City Library is fine free and there will be no penalties for keeping your items.
Next week, the Library will be posting a series of short videos of our Children’s Librarian reading picture books and singing her favorite storytime songs. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for updates.
New to E-Books? A Quick Tutorial
Access thousands of ebooks and eaudiobooks through Overdrive via the Libby app.
To start using the Libby app:
- Install the Libby app from your device’s app store. You can visit Overdrive’s website and find links to direct you to app stores for your specific device.
- Open the app and find your library. You can search for the Utah Online Library and choose Park City Library as your home library.
- Enter your Library card number and pin number.
- Browse the library’s collection and borrow a title.
- When prompted, sign in.
- Borrowed titles appear on your “Shelf” and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you’re offline.
- From your “Shelf” tap “Start Reading” to open a title.
- From your “Shelf” tap the cover image, then “Send to Device” to send a book to Kindle.