Get help filing your taxes for free. Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free income tax assistance to individuals and families with a household income of less than $60,000 a year. This service is by appointment only and provided by the IRS.
The USU Extension office decided to centralize the VITA tax offering to the Summit County Library-Kimball Junction Branch for 2024. Please reach out directly to the Summit County Library-Kimball Junction Branch.
Appointments are closed for the year. We hope to bring back this service in 2024. Call Kenzie at 435-336-3222 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Documents You’ll Need
When you arrive for your VITA appointment, you will want to bring with you:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable