The Jim Santy Auditorium is located on the 3rd floor of the Park City Library. The Auditorium has 446 movie theater style seats with a large professional movie screen with curtains. The auditorium has a many options for projection onto the screen. Staff will discuss your technology needs for your particular event. A free technology training prior to your event is required for use. If you are considering the auditorium as a venue for a large event, a scheduled walk through with staff is encouraged to see the space, technology, and have your questions answered.
Events that the auditorium is commonly rented for include community forums that bring a large audience, lectures, author events, corporate meetings, film screenings, and more. For events that need additional space for receptions and concessions, renting the Community Room is highly encouraged. The Community Room is located across the hall from the auditorium.
The auditorium is home to Park City Film. Park City Film is Summit County’s only nonprofit Art House Cinema, presenting the best of independent feature, documentary, world and local cinema. Their screenings take place on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and some Thursday nights from fall to spring. Visit parkcityfilm.org for their upcoming film schedule. If you are looking to schedule an event on the weekend, please see Spaces for availability. During most of the year, availability will be more open during the daytime hours because of their screening schedule.
The auditorium is also a Sundance Film Festival venue. The auditorium will be closed for public reservations surrounding and during the festival.
The Park City library is located in a residential area. When it comes to accommodating parking for auditorium attendees, parking is very limited with a three hour parking limit. We encourage renters to promote free public transit and carpooling to their event.
Amenities & Rates
Auditorium amenities include:
- 446 auditorium seats, 4 wheelchair accessible spots, and five ADA aisle seats with a retractable armrest (or known as a swing arm)
- Professional quality projection screen and curtains
- Projection from Blu-ray Player or Computer by HDMI or VGA cables (Note: A free tech training is required for the use of this room or the hiring of a projectionist and potentially the projection booth.)
- Wired and wireless microphones
- Assisted hearing headphones
- Presentation clicker
- Mini Grand piano
- Large windows with curtains
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rate 1: No charge
- Rate 2: $95 per hour
- Rate 3: $200 per hour
- Projection Booth and Projectionists: additional fees apply, please discuss your technology needs with Jodie Peatross
* See the Room Rental Rates webpage for further pricing details.
To make a reservation request or to read more visit our Rental Rooms webpage.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Jodie Peatross directly by email Jodie.Peatross@parkcity.org or phone 435-615-5607.