ONLINE ACCESS POLICY AGREEMENT
The Online Access Policy Agreement reads as follows:
- Use of the Library’s Internet Terminals is limited to posted times, when others are waiting. Users must sign in electronically to use the Internet Terminals.
- The Park City Library staff cannot control the availability of information links to external networks. The Library also has no means of verifying the accuracy, content, or currency of information accessed via the Internet. Patrons use the Internet at their own risk.
- Library Internet connections are public domain. Information searches and correspondence on the Library terminals may be subject to monitoring by network administrators or by unscrupulous users.
- The Library encourages parents to learn and explore the Internet with their children. Supervision of a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian.
The following actions are prohibited on library computers:
- Viewing pornography or obscene material.
- Installing programs, uploading/downloading software or information from personal storage devices, CDs/DVDs or the Internet at Library workstations.
- Damaging the library’s computers, attempting to access internal networks or change software/hardware settings.
Failure to comply with these policies may result in the loss of Internet privileges in addition to any appropriate legal action including criminal prosecution.
The Internet and Electronic Resources Use Policy is also available at the circulation/reference desk for review.